The Big Idea:
I’m going all-natural…Again! If you’re not up-to-date with my first challenge, Mother Nature’s Maid (read all about that monstrosity here), just know that it was a soaring success. But we’re changing things up this time. The Maid Up challenge runs for 14 weeks from March 1 through June 7, during which time I will give up all of my favorite make-up products, slowly replacing each one with a homemade, 100% natural alternative. Every two weeks, another store-bought product hits the trash, and it’s up to MNM to whip up a replacement in the kitchen. Hopefully by June I’ll be one step away from making foundation out of dirt.
- After I’ve given up a product, there is no going back until June 7.
- It is possible to research and attempt multiple homemade/natural alternatives to a single product.
- Products must be homemade; pre-made natural products designed for personal care uses are off limits (even those tempting Bare Minerals foundations).
- One or two products must be given up every two weeks, but research/experimentation may continue indefinitely.
- Cost comparisons (homemade vs. store-bought) will be given for each product.
- Products must be given up in the order specified below.
The Schedule & The Products:
- March 1 – March 15 Makeup Remover
- March 16 – March 29 Foundation
- March 30 – April 12 Concealer
- April 13 – April 26 Eye Liner
- April 27 – May 10 Eye Shadow
- May 11 – May 24 Mascara
- May 25 – June 7 Lip Gloss / Lipstick